Lest Quick Start with What is Lead Generation and how it is important in any business or organization. First of all, you need to understand what Lead is?
What Is Lead?
A lead is any person who indicates interest in a company’s product or service in some way, shape, or form.
Leads normally hear from a business or association after opening communication rather than getting a random cold call from someone who purchased their contact information.
Leads are part of the lifecycle that consumers follow when they convert from visitors to customers. Not all leads are created equal. There are different types of leads based on how they are qualified and what lifecycle stage they’re in.
- Marketing Qualified Leads ( MQL ): A lead that is engaged with your marketing team efforts but not interesting to connect with the sales team. An example of MQL is a person who fills out a landing page form for an offer.
- Sales Qualified Leads ( SQL ): A lead-in Which a user indicates their interest in becoming your paying customer. An example of SQL is a person who fills out a form to ask a question about your product or service.
- Product Qualified Leads ( PQL ): Product qualified leads are contacts who’ve used your product and taken actions that indicate interest in becoming a paying customer. PQL generally exists for companies that offer free product trials or a limited version of the product. An example of PQL is a customer using your free product and interested in buying a fully paid version of your product.
What is Lead Generation?
Lead generation is the process of identifying and attracting potential customers for a business’s products or services.
It’s a way of warming up potential customers to your business and getting them on the path to eventually making a purchase or inquiry about your product or service.
Why is It is Important?
The buying process has changed, and marketers need to find a new path to connect buyers. The marketer must learn to build continuous relationships with buyers rather than mass advertising and email blast!!
Lead Generation Process
- A visitor finds your business through your marketing channel like a website, blog, or social media page.
- Visitor clicks on the Call-to-action(CTA) button that attracts the visitor to take some action.
- That CTA takes your visitor to the landing page, which is a web-page designed for the collect lead information in a form.
- Once on the landing page, your visitor fills out a form, you get a lead.
Lead Generation Strategies
Online lead generation includes a wide range of tactics, campaigns, and strategies depending upon which platform you choose to generate leads. Now, we discuss different types of lead generation strategies for a few popular platforms.
- Facebook : Facebook is popular for the lead generation method. Enterprise could use outbound links in their Facebook post and information in their bios to attract users to their website. Facebook has a feature that lets you put a call-to-action button at the top of your Facebook Page, which helps your Facebook followers to reach your website.
- Twitter : Twitter has Twitter Lead Generation Cards, which allow you to generate leads directly within a tweet without leaving the site. A user’s name, Email address, and Twitter username are automatically submitted into the card when they click on the “Submit” button that becomes a lead.
- Linkedin : LinkedIn is now more popular in the advertising space since its early days. When it comes to lead Generation, LinkedIn creates Lead Generation forms, which auto-complete with user profile data when users click CTA, Make an easy way to capture information.
- PPC : When it comes to Pay-per-click (PPC), our mind indicates those ads on search engine result pages(SERP). Google gets 3.5 billion searches a day, A prime stage for any advertisement platform, special for Lead Generation. The success of your PPC campaign depends upon user flow, as well as your budget, target keywords, and a few other factors.
- B2B : B2B refers to the Business to Business model that requires a proper approach to lead generation. SEO is the most trusted factor for capturing business leads. There are server things like website optimization, content marketing, and Email marketing that make B2B lead generation easy.
Tips for Lead Generation Campaigns
- Choose the right lead generation tools
- Link your CTA to a proper landing page
- Get your sales team involved
- Use Social Media strategically